Monday, March 23, 2009

Peek-a-Boo - Something Blue

I tried on my dress again over the weekend...I hadn't put it on since the day I bought it back in October, so I was a little anxious. At the time, the dress did zip, but it was tight. Really tight. Since it was a sample dress, what I tried on was what I was buying and the saleswoman assured me that my alterations person would be able to let it out a bit where needed.

My goal, like any typical bride, is to ensure that it won't need to be let out! However, after a long Chicago winter I was desperately hoping that I hadn't packed on the pounds and that the dress would still zip. It did and I could sort of sit down in it and as long as I didn't want to take a lot of deep breaths, all would be good. Needless to say, I've got a little work cut out for me and fortunately my first fitting is still months away! It was great spending some time with my mom this weekend and seeing how my veil and shoes worked with the dress. Love it!

So anyway, back to the blue. I took a lot of time looking at different garters and trying to decide what look to go for - something a little more sultry, a little va-va-va-voom, or sweet and innocent? Needless to say there are endless options out there, from favorite sports teams to garters afixed with feathers and crystal.

Etsy's Garter Lady has a wealth of different designs and at different price points. I finally opted for her "dainty" pale blue set with pearl accent. It's feminine and sweet with a vintage feel. The pale blue works perfectly as my "something blue" and I was able to keep to my budget, spending only $15 plus shipping for the set! Woo hoo!

Source: Etsy

I think this is going to look so sweet under my dress, although I'm still a little hesitant about this tradition encouraging Mr. S to be searching underneath my dress with all of our nearest and dearest around us! Anyone else out there have the same reservations?

2 comments:

Keg Design March 23, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

I totally have the same reservations. I haven't decided if we'll do the whole "garter" tradition at the reception or not? I do agree with you though - the garter is the perfect way to get "something blue" into the mix without clashing the black/white/green color scheme!
:) Cheers, Kelly

Rachel Elizabeth March 27, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

I am wearing a garter but we aren't doing the toss. My shoes are my something blue!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP