Sunday, November 8, 2009

Step by Step: We Get Hitched!

Walking down the aisle was so incredibly surreal, but I was very, very happy that the aisle wasn't long - I was ready to get to Mr. S!


Our wedding party was ready and waiting for my arrival...



And Daddy Stiletto delivered me safe and sound to Mr. S.



It all was a bit of a blur...I focused on looking at the outline of the ceremony that Pastor Scott was holding to help keep the tears at bay!


I love this little sneaky shot of the bridesmaids.


And, wait - are those my pomanders?! I'm so glad that I did these and nothing more, keepin' it simple. (FYI - I have 10 of these pomanders for sale on classifieds, message me if you're interested, otherwise I'm trashing them!).


We were so excited to exchange our bling!


And while everyone looked on...


...we headed on up to light our unity candle (which was a last minute DIY of pinning damask fabric to a white pillar camera, easy and cheap!).


As we got up there, I started to wonder why I ever thought it would be a good idea to handle fire while full of nerves in a long flowing dress. Eek! Fortunately, no fires were set and after lighting the candle Mr. S and I had a moment to giggle and talk, just the two of us.


Finally, we were almost there!


Time for THE kiss. Remember my post about church tongue? Well, how do you think we did?!


Not too shabby! Simple and sweet.



This was it! To Stevie Wonder's "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" we were officially Mr. and Mrs. Stiletto!


I finally got to look and see who was in the church. There were so many people that I knew were going to be there, but it was such an exciting surprise seeing them there!


Mr. S whisked me away into hiding until our guests exited the church...


...so that we could have a "grand exit" from the church with all of our guests around. While we opted not to do a toss or bubbles or any of the other fun options, just having everyone out there clapping was fine by us!




I love this shot - feels so glamorous!


Our limo arrived and it was time to load up and head out for pictures around Oak Park!


*Please note: All photos from Laurie Peacock Photography

We had just an amazing ceremony. Many of our guests commented on how nice it was and while it was a little more modern (we spent a lot of time choosing music and readings that were special to us), the messages were still very spiritual and meaningful.

Next up - Wedding party pictures as we stroll around Oak Park!

Previously in our wedding recaps:
Step by Step: Girls Get Ready
Step by Step: Guys Get Ready
Step by Step: First Look
Step by Step: Gettin' Ready to Walk

1 comments:

Misse November 11, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

I love the church kiss!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP