Monday, December 7, 2009

Step by Step: Get Low

All the toasts were shared and champagne sipped. Our special dances were done and thank you's complete. There was nothing left to do but hit the dance floor for the night!

However...before we get into the good stuff, I have a confession to make. I. Can't. Dance. Whew, there, I said it. Having absolutely no rhythm, moves, or confidence on the dance floor was a huge concern for me leading up to the wedding. Brides always seem so confident and happy on the dance floor, and I knew that wasn't me.

I didn't want to consume the required number of alcoholic beverages to give me the false confidence required to even enter the dance space. What's a bride to do, you say? Fake it till you make it!

Ok, confession time is over, onto the fun.

Our fantastic wedding party took to the floor...


...and later were joined by many more friends.


We celebrated their wedding a year and a half ago, and was by far one of the most personal, beautiful weddings we have been to! Needless to say, they set the bar pretty high for us as we planned.


So cute!



Ok, I'm selfishly putting this picture in because my arms actually look somewhat toned in it! I seemed to have flabby-arm-syndrome in the majority of our pictures (ugh).


Hopefully our children will be lucky and get some of Mr. S's moves...cause they definitely won't be getting any from their momma!


I had originally planned my attack prior to the wedding. Champagne and wine? Champagne and cocktails? Only beer. Or all of the above? Yes please! Bridesmaid Darcie kept me with vodka tonics for most of the night (thank you!!) but I kept it all within moderation. After 18 months of planning, I wanted to remember my reception, thankyouverymuch.


We had so many amazing dancing shots captured!



And to top it off? Prior to the wedding, Mrs. Powderpuff suggested we all learn the "Thriller" dance. With my lack of time combined with lack of skillz, I didn't join in. But, Mrs. Powderpuff and Mrs. Taffy ROCKED OUT.


Notice everyone stopping and staring?


As they should be - these ladies totally represented!


But don't worry, "Thriller" was open to all. Bridesmaid Abby's fiance, Josh, had some moves of his own (we can't wait to celebrate your wedding in just a few months!!).


We managed to get some slow songs in, too!


In the midst of it all, Grandpa S and I got a slow dance in. Grandpa has a great singing voice and serenaded both Mr. S and I earlier in the day. But, at the reception, it was all for me as Grandpa sang "You Must Have Been a Beautiful Baby." Such a special moment!


This is the man who sold us our condo. Not only is he awesome with negotiations, he's not so shabby on the dance floor. He freestyles as well and performed for us later on in the night - it was amazing!


Some ladies swoon over Ella Fitzgerald's "At Last." But my song at each and every wedding we attend is Flo Rida's "Get Low." Sigh, you had me at Apple Bottom jeans.





Some brides would freak out when their dress is stepped on and the bustle rips. Me? Just find me my day of coordinator, Marilyn, and grab me a beer.



Whew! Dress crisis averted, beer in hand, man on my arm. Can it get any better?


*Please note: All photos from Laurie Peacock Photography

Next Up - Never before seen details of the day.

Previously in our wedding recaps:
Step by Step: Girls Get Ready
Step by Step: Guys Get Ready
Step by Step: First Look
Step by Step: Gettin’ Ready to Walk
Step by Step: We Get Hitched
Step by Step: Strike a Pose in the Park
Step by Step: Urban Love in Oak Park
Step by Step: Lookin' Sharp - Reception Details
Step by Step: Cut a Cake and Dance a Dance
Step by Step: Some Toasts, Thanks and More Dancing

1 comments:

Misse December 22, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

That is too funny! I'm glad that a broken bustle didn't ruin your day,

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP