Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Step by Step: Gettin' Ready to Walk

I love the calm in the church just a couple of hours before the ceremony was to begin. For a wedding of 100 people, we couldn't have asked for a more perfect church to be married in. Some of our guests even commented that it felt like a little country church...that is, until an ambulance came blaring by in the middle of the ceremony. Ahh, urban life!


Daddy Stiletto made sure Mr. S's flower was pinned on just right...


...while Momma Stiletto kept me cool and calm as we waited in a different part of the church. This was after the first look, but I was still all in knots!


The guys putzed around while they waited for the high sign that they should line up...


...while the ladies kept me company as I asked "Is it time yet?!" many times over.


When Mr. S was on his wait to the front of the sanctuary, I met up with Daddy Stiletto to get lined up behind the rest of the wedding party.

Behind the scenes story: notice my arms in the shot? Yeah....I was very concerned that I was going to sweat like crazy during the ceremony (not only out of nerves, but the sanctuary didn't have air conditioning!), so I was keepin' my arms out. But no worries, I was cool as a cucumber!


An encouraging smile from Sister Stiletto...


...and just to not have a completely big head about how great I'd like to think I looked on the day, I give you my ugly face:


Two of our fabulous ushers rolled out the white carpet, err, paper-like runner. That blasted runner (you'll see why in a second).



The bridal party made their way down the aisle.





And Mr. S was ready and waiting for my grand entrance!


Here goes nothin'!! (seeeee the runner?! Arrr.)


*Please note: All photos from Laurie Peacock Photography

I have to say while I was ready and rarin' to go down the aisle, it absolutely goes by in a whirlwind. An amazing and meaningful whirlwind, but a whirlwind nonetheless!

Next up - the Stiletto ceremony and officially tying the knot!

Previously in our wedding recaps:
Step by Step: Girls Get Ready
Step by Step: Guys Get Ready
Step by Step: First Look

4 comments:

MLC84 November 3, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

I love the birdcage veil!! Definitely going for this look on my wedding day. You had a gorgeous wedding!

Amanda November 4, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

So funny about the runner. My BF has been an usher many times and he jokes those runners were invented by brides to make groomsmen/ushers look like a$$holes... apparently he says there is no "manly" way to unroll them because they get stuck in the rope, etc. Funny!

Laura November 5, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

@MLC84 - the birdcage was the best decision ever...if you try one on, I'll bet you fall in love with it!

@Amanda - Yah, our ushers weren't particularly excited about the runner :) If I could do it over again, I'd know that there was ABSOLUTELY no need for one!

Mel November 5, 2009 at 2:09 PM  

I really like the girls' dresses. Great photos!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP