Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Musical Nutshell

Whew! The Stilettos finally have their act together - we've chosen all of our special songs for the day, from ceremony to reception. I have to say, it wasn't an easy task choosing some of these songs - Mr. S and I went back and forth quite a bit.

Bridal Party Entrance

"Just Like Heaven," Vitamin String Quartet




Processional (MY song!)

"Sound of Settling," Vitamin String Quartet

I couldn't find this pesky song on YouTube, so you'll just have to settle for a link to the Amazon page. Even though the original version of this song, by Deathcab for Cutie, doesn't exactly scream wedding, it's gorgeous. Once I heard it, I knew I couldn't have any other song!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Sound-Of-Settling/dp/B000S3LU3A

Lighting of the Unity Candle

"Alphabet City," Clare & the Reasons

I love me some Clare...



Recessional

"Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours," Stevie Wonder

We finally decided to do something more upbeat than what we were orginally going to do, and I'm SO glad. This is a celebration....we're finally getting marrrrrrriiiiied!!




Entrance to Reception

"Wouldn't It Be Nice," The Beach Boys




Cake Cutting

"All I Want Is You," Barry Louis Polisar

Mr. S chose this one...




First Dance

"Right Red Ankle," The Decemberists

Love it! Swoon.




Father/Daughter Dance

"The Way You Look Tonight," Frank Sinatra

I sent Daddy Stiletto a list of song ideas, and asked him to pick whatever he liked, whether or not it was on my list. He came back with this song. Can't go wrong with a classic!




So, there you have it - the Stiletto wedding day in a musical nutshell. I'm so glad that this is finally done, and I love the flow of the day! All of these songs express us and our musical tastes in one way or another.

Did you spend a lot of time selecting each and every song for your day?

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP