Monday, October 26, 2009

Step by Step: Girls Get Ready

The morning of my wedding I was cool, calm and collected as everyone got primped and pretty in my suite. Ok, so on the outside I was calm, but there was immense turmoil, anxiety and exitement on the inside. I was a bit of a nervous wreck as the clock ticked closer to 2:15, when the limo would be arriving to whisk us away to the church.

Once we zipped up the dress, everything became real.


I was so glad that it fit - after our heavenly rehearsal dinner the night before where I'd eaten one too many tacos, it was anyone's guess at to whether or not this sucker would zip up!


We had ousted the bouquet and garter toss in the final weeks before the wedding, so don't ask me why I even slipped my garter on. Tradition? Rite of passage? Because it was there and I'd already paid for it anyway? I'd like to think it was for this sexy leg shot!


By this point, I'm pretty sure I just liked posing in my dress!



I was getting incredibly anxious once I was dressed, so I don't remember seeing the reaction of two of my bridesmaids as they saw me for the first time all done up. Apparently, they approved of the look!


I made sure to also get their seal of approval of the veil...


...which complimented my fabulous hairstyle to a "t." Swoon. I loved my hair.


One more check from my girls to make sure all was perfect. I have no clue what I had asked them, but everyone seems to be contemplating something, so it must have been an important question.


And, of course, Momma Stiletto is all "done up" and checking me out for the first time!


I was more than ready to get out of the suite. Staying in that space was making me a wee bit claustrophobic; good thing there was a beautiful staircase right outside the door for my escape.

Here we go down...


and around...


and around some more until we made it to the end. Aren't these shots such amazing eye candy?!


It's good to be backed up by such a great entourage.


Fortunately, my limo was ready and waiting for me. When I say that I was ready to get to the church, I was ready. I think if I'd had to wait more than a minute for my limo, I would have turned a little 'zilla. I was slightly taken aback when I saw the car, however. We were supposed to get a stretch Lincoln Navigator, and they ended up sending a monstrous stretch Hummer. H-U-G-E. I was more than slightly embarrassed by the size of this thing.


But I made it into the beast, packed in with layers of dress and ready to go!


*Please note: All photos from Laurie Peacock Photography

I was lucky to have such a wonderful morning getting ready, surrounded by fabulous people and lots of love.

Next up - the guys get ready! Oh, the mischief they got into.

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP