Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Daddy & Daughter

I've searched endlessly for a song that works well for the father/daughter dance. Like everything else, I want it to make sense, fit our day and not be incredibly cliche.

After scouring many message boards and doing a full-blown iTunes search for every song containing the word "daughter" in the title, I came across Loudon Wainwright's song entitled, what else, "Daughter."

Who is Loudon Wainwright, you ask? Well, I wasn't familiar with him either, but I'm certainly familiar with this tune, and I'm sure it will ring a bell for you if you've ever seen the movie Knocked Up, as the closing credits of the movie are set to this song.




While the song is a little more country that I, Mr. S and my dad might be, the lyrics are incredibly sweet. I especially like the following lines (I'm sure my dad will laugh when he hears them):

Everything she sees
she says she wants.
Everything she wants
I see she gets.

That's my daughter in the water
everything she owns I bought her
Everything she owns.

I wouldn't say I'm spoiled, but my dad has been incredibly generous with me, from paying for my college tuition to sending me to study abroad for a semester in London. And I hope he knows that I've appreciated all of the opportunities he's helped to make available to me!

So, the first question I have is whether or not in September people would automatically associate this song with Knocked Up, which hit theaters in in 2007. Secondly, how hard will it be to get my hands on a high quality version of this song? That's something I haven't yet investigated.

We'll see what happens, but I'm definitely pulled in by the sweetness of this song!

3 comments:

Unknown March 25, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

I love the movie Knocked Up and I honestly don't remember this song ... if that helps at all. I think it is a great Father/Daughter dance song. I am a "daddy's girl" as well and the lyrics fit us as well too.

Rachel Elizabeth March 27, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

I can't speak for everyone but I own the movie Knocked Up and I don't remember this song. If you like this song and feels that it fits your relationship then use it. Check itunes for a mp3 quality version. They have a lot of songs you might not think they would carry.

Terese April 6, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

I've had this song on my iPod for a few months now...also thinking about using for my dance with my dad. I think it's a great choice!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP