Friday, March 27, 2009

Real Wedding: Jodi & Ryan

One of my biggest disappointments is that we live in the city but are not able to get married within the city limits! Chicago is a great location for weddings, and there are a wide variety of venues, from traditional hotel ballrooms to trendy loft spaces. Unfortunately, the venues I looked at either didn't fit into our budget, or we couldn't meet the set minimums for a Saturday night wedding. And again, I love our venue to pieces as well as the village of Oak Park, but still, the city is where I call home!


Mr. S recently shot Jodi & Ryan's wedding during the blustery month of February. I was amazed when I saw the shots later that weekend that Jodi and her bridal party were able to pose for so many outside shots on this chilly day! How fortunate that they didn't let the weather didn't dictate the course of the day for them.

However, amidst my amazement at the amount of time they spent outside shooting, I was also incredibly jealous! I want these lovely urban, downtown shots on my wedding day. Sigh. But for me, the contract is signed and the times arranged, and the Chicago skyline won't be making an appearance on my wedding day. I'll just have to continue with my city wedding envy...

Congratulations, Jodi & Ryan!

All photos are from Steve Koo Photography.

Sigh...love the yellow cab!


How fun to hang out at The Berghoff, all dressed up, before the party starts down the street!


At the Cancer Survivors Garden




Jodi was hands-on with all of the wedding details, including this DIY aisle runner! If only I had the patience for that project.

Love the shoe shot!

3 comments:

Keg Design March 28, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

again, i totally agree with you. we live in the city, work in the city...LOVE the city...but we're not getting married here. we'll be out in the burbs - and it will still be beautiful, but it's a bummer that we won't be able to get those quintessential shots (cabs, buildings, subway etc.) the city has to offer. we tried to capture our favorite city shots in our engagement session. oak park is beautiful - it still has that city charm!!

Mara (The Wedding Cabaret) March 28, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

lovely pics!!

Rachel Elizabeth March 28, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

I love that first picture. We are going to try and get one with the trolley.

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP