Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Take It Away, USPS

My invitations are officially out of my hands and out of my mind as of today! I lugged them all to work on the train and mailed them from the (oh so convenient!) post office in my building.

And, of course, who doesn't need an entourage when sending their invites?! My co-worker Megan was kind enough to accompany me down there to snap a few shots of the big ta-da (please don't mind that I rolled out of bed a tad late today and didn't put on a drop of make up, ugh).


Last night I sealed them all and packed them up for the journey on the train. Don't they look nice? That damask pattern across the top of the envelopes is one of my favorite details.


The only minor set back was the fact that the flap on the envelopes was rather large and so there was a big gap on either side after I had sealed the envelopes. Fortunately, we noticed this pretty early in the process, so it was nothing that a little glue stick couldn't fix as I sealed away.

Whew. Not only am I glad to get these into the hands of our invitees, I'm excited that some space will be freed up...these have been stored in our house since February!

Did you breath a big sigh of relief when you mailed your invitations, or were you sorry to see them go?

2 comments:

ChiBrideToBe July 21, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

Congrats on getting them out the door! They look great! I was relieved when we mailed ours, because we were a little late in getting them out. It was exciting when the RSVPs started rolling in :)

Keg Design July 21, 2009 at 6:32 PM  

I was relieved to get them out and excited to start receiving responses. You'll be amazed at how soon some rsvp's come in and how LATE others make it (some not at all!). Good luck and congrats on the milestone...it'll be here before you know it!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP