Friday, July 24, 2009

To Look or Not to Look

Mr. S and I have been debating doing a "first look." Well, I've been debating...he's been, err, demanding. At first I thought he just wanted to do it because logistically and photographically it would be great - fun first look pictures, get some shots out of the way, and get on with the show.

I refused to do a first look out of convenience, and he conceded. He even suggested we not have our photographer there if I wanted it to be more personal and just us.

I'm still just torn. It would be nice to have that special moment together beforehand, but I wonder if it will take away some of the anticipation and excitement of me walking down the aisle. With our timeline we'd have to do the first look right before the ceremony start time, and it would have to be at the church which wouldn't leave us a lot of options for great first look settings. I don't want to risk guests seeing me beforehand, so we'd have to be sneaky and find a private place that would look nice (should we choose to photograph it...which, knowing us, we probably would do).

I wish I could have my cake and eat it too...experience the first look, but also experience Mr. S and I seeing each other for the first time that day as I walk down the aisle.

Wasn't Mr. & Mrs. Cupcake's first look just lovely?

Source: Weddingbee

All you married ladies out there, how did you make your decision about the first look? For those of you still planning, what factors are helping you make your decision?

1 comments:

ChiBrideToBe July 28, 2009 at 7:10 AM  

We are not doing a first look. I could've gone either way on it, but the fiance is really looking forward to that anticipation and that's fine with me. It's going to limit the number of photos between the ceremony and reception, but oh well.

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP