Thursday, July 2, 2009

Will Time Be On My Side?


I'd prefer to have everything on my wedding day go in perfect order and on time - I mean, who wouldn't? But beyond that, even though I've been trying to pay close attention to the happenings at all of the wedding receptions I have been at over the past 15 months (since getting engaged), I'm still worried that I'm planning things out in the wrong order. What if the toasts come at the wrong time? Will there still be enough people there when we do the garter and bouquet toss?

On top of my timeline worries, I have my photographer to think about. We've only booked her for 7 hours, but we're hoping to tack an extra hour onto that, giving us 8. Within that 8 hours with her, we want to start with getting ready shots of me as I get my hair/makeup done and get dressed and have her shoot through the main events at the reception. I didn't think this would pan out quite as I wanted, but after playing around with things I think it may just work.

1:30
-Main photographer arrives at hotel, 2nd photographer arrives at church
2:00
-Hair/Makeup is Completed
2:30
-Bridal party heads to church
3:00 - 4:00
-Ceremony (probably will run less than an hour)
4:00 - 6:00
-Bridal party photos
6:00 - 7:00
-Cocktail Hour
7:00
-Guests ushered into the ballroom
7:10
-Bridal party entrance
7:20
-Mr. & Mrs. Stiletto First Dance
7:25
-Cake cutting/dinner served
8:15
-Toasts
8:30
-Dinner Cleared/Cake Served
8:40
-Father/Daughter Dance
9:15
-Bouquet & Garter Toss
9:30
-Photographers Leave
10:00
-Dancing!
11:30
-Last Call

So...if you're still with me - did I leave anything out? Anything grossly out of order? Any suggestions, words of wisdom from those who have gone before me?!

1 comments:

Cat July 2, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

It's always nice to see other peoples timelines . . . good to know I am not completely off base with my own ideas!!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP