Thursday, April 9, 2009

Come On, Show Me Some Stem...

While I may be concerned about the flowers going into my bouquet, I'm just as concerned about the bouquet's "down there." That's right, ladies and gents, I'm obsessed with stem. Too small is a little bit stingy, and too big to grip with one hand is just slightly over the top in my book. I want my bouquet to be just right.

I'm planning a full-blown post later on about the details my bouquet will have, but one element I will share is Mrs. Lovebug's typewriter key adornments. I had been inspired by Mrs. Lovebug's theme very early on and had hoped to do a full vintage typewriter theme, but as planning has proceeded, the L-O-V-E on the bouquet is the only detail that has remained. And I love it to pieces.

Source: Weddingbee

Like I said, I'm a wee bit obsessed with stem. And I like to see it. Bouquets where the stem is completely covered just don't do it for me. Of course, to each her own! I'm sure this is the look that many ladies are after, but not this lady. I want to see just the right amount of stem.

I love the simplicity of this bouquet's stem and to me it's just the perfect size to easily tote around on the wedding day.

Source: Stem Florists

As far as stems go, this is probably as big as I would want before it would just be too much. This bouquet also scores some points because I'm still trying to decide what flowers will make up my "all white with a touch of green" look. This bouquet is very wild flower chic.

Source: Squidoo

This bouquet's stem feels very rustic almost. It seems like this amount of ribbon would be the very, very minimum I'd be able to have in order to spell out L-O-V-E but still allow plenty of stem peepin' through.

Source: Toppers with Glitz

Am I just a little too focused on this silly little detail? Possibly. But there's just something so aesthetically pleasing about the perfect bouquet...from top to bottom! I've allocated almost a quarter of my small floral budget for a perfectly lush bouquet, and I'm going to love every minute of it - from the moment they place it in my hand to the end of the night where they have to pry it away. Why? Because I'll never have the opportunity again as to be so extravagent to run around with a pricey allotment of my favorite flowers and then, to top it all off, toss said flowers at a grabby group of ladies in formalwear. Score! I simply can't wait.

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP