Thursday, April 30, 2009

On Wars...Err, Bride Wars

I've been remiss from posting this last week...work took me out west to Denver. I was working like crazy and was literally inside of my hotel from Saturday evening to Tuesday evening, barely seeing the light of day. Ugh. Needless to say, all things wedding was pretty far from my mind.

Thankfully, my return flight provided me with a wedding infusion through the in flight entertainment. I was flipping through the channels and was less than thrilled with the 5 options they provided - the Disney channel, an old episode of The Office, and a couple of other random selections I flipped right by. But wait, is that Kate Hudson? And Anne Hathaway, is that you? Score. Bride Wars.

Source: IMP Awards

I'd heard less than stellar reviews of this chick flick. But hey, sit me down and I'll watch anything that might included a veil or a slice of cake these days...you never know where you'll find inspiration. Especially on the plane - it's not like I had anywhere to go. Unfortunately, since more time was spend on feuding than flowers, I didn't gain any great inspiration.

Oh yeah, and the fact that my flight landed before the end of the movie, I didn't quite make it to the weddings, where I might have at least found out if war of the brides ended in two beautiful weddings (judging by the clip I saw on tv where Hathaway is attacking Hudson down the aisle, things probably didn't go quite as planned).

Anyway, I digress. I'm not here to talk through the ins and outs of a chick flick. Except for little one detail...the impetus for this post. Why didn't the brides blame their planner?! Yes, this woman right here.

Source: Click the City

I just don't get it. I understand that she was supposed to be the best in the business in NYC and the hookup for the Plaza, but seriously. It was her office that messed up the wedding dates and she offered no solutions for them. And then, throughout the planning process, she did nothing to try and bring the clients together, which you'd think she'd want to do just to make her life easier. I mean, come on, did she really want to produce a wedding where the bride has bright blue hair? Geesh.

Would you be this complacent with your planner or other vendor if a snafu of this magnitude happened, or would you push for a solution? I mean, you are the bride, the reason for the wedding season...

1 comments:

Misse May 1, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

I haven't seen the movie yet but I agree -- if the planner mixed up the dates, then it is her problem!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP