Thursday, April 2, 2009

Am I a Short Hair Bride?!

I thought I had a pretty firm idea as to what I wanted my hair to look like on my wedding day. I even posted a few favorites of mine that I've seen online, and they've all fallen into a "structured bun" category. I think we often feel that if you don't have hair down to your derriere in preparation for your wedding day, you're out of luck. I've felt it too, as I continue to grow it out and refuse to snip off more than the very ends.

However, Wed in the White City got me thinking about this whole hair thing this week (thank you for sharing your hair plans and cute new 'do!). She took control of her locks and got the cutest bob, and then shared her inspiration for her wedding day hair. Love it!

I've been hating my hair for months now and keep on telling myself that after the wedding, I'll be free to chop it off. I'm no stranger to short hair - I think throughout college I tried out every length from 2 inches on down - so I keep on dreaming about the sassy cute cut I'll have. But what if I don't have to wait? I still have 5 1/2 month until the wedding, so possibly I have enough time to play around a bit. And if I take inspiration pictures with me, I could at least tell my stylist that I need a cut that could do this or that.

So I've gathered some inspiration. I won't lie - it's difficult to find good styles for short hair. But with what I did find...I was pleasantly surprised!

Style #1: Elegant Chignon
I love how this feels a little bit 1960s. It's simple and yet has some great volume to it. I'm no stylist but I don't think you need a lot of length to get this accomplished!



Style #2: Short Hair Bun
What?! I can get the look of a bun without having long, flowing locks? Sign me up! I love this - it's very refined and pulled together, very similar to what I've been wanting.


Style #3: Curly Up Do
Hmm. Maybe a little prom-like? But again, I love I'm finding a variety of options out there for short hair up-do's.

Source: The Bridal Beauty Salon


Style #4: Roaring 20's 'Do
I definitely don't think I could pull this off and doesn't really scream "wedding hair" to me, but I thought it was too cute not to share. But if you're doing an Art Deco-themed wedding or something along those lines, I think this would be a fabulous option!

Source: Zimbio


Checking out all of these options is making my fingers itch to dial my stylist and let her chop! I've been getting so antsy for a change, and when you consider that I've been engaged for over a year now, the restraints for keeping my hair long have been in place for quite some time. I still hesitate...I want to love my hair on the day. However, I need to keep reminding myself that just because your hair doesn't hit your shoulders, you can still do something that is elaborate and gorgeous...so now, what's a girl to do?

5 comments:

Tenille April 2, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

I LOVE no.1: that would look so great.

Unknown April 2, 2009 at 4:03 PM  

I don't think my hair is short ... believe me I have had shorter. It sits right at my shoulders right now. Honestly is drives me NUTS but FI loves long hair and we have compromised since this is the longest I will grow. I think these styles are all beautiful and I really LOVE #2

Keg Design April 4, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

Hi Laura,

I love your blog and think you're always super sweet. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction for the blog templates. I just nominated you for the Great Attitude/Gratitude Blog Award!

http://kegdesign.blogspot.com/2009/04/my-first-blog-award.html

Kelly

wed in the white city April 6, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

Awww - thanks for the mention. And I like #2, the short hair side bun the best!

Unknown August 18, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

I am in the same hair-boat as you! Why wait? I"m keeping my eye out for elegant short hair wedding styles myself. Good luck with the decisions! Just glow, and you'll look beautiful no matter what your hairstyle.

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP