Monday, August 17, 2009

A Day of Good & Evil: Part 1

A few weeks ago, Sister Stiletto threw me a fabulous weekend of celebration. We started off with my bridal shower, and since all of the wedding events were taking place in Oak Park, the shower was here as well. Sister S found the Oak Park Art League - doesn't it look like a little cottage tucked in the woods? So darling!

Source

This was a perfect location for the shower - personal, cute and the (very reasonable!) rental fee goes to support the Art League, which is a non-profit offering art classes and providing gallery space to artists.

Sister S made the space look so cute - I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in the room! Vases of bright pink flowers were scattered about the room and black and white touches made their way in as well. It felt very fresh and bridal and sweet! The boxes on the table were the favors for the guests - cupcake mixes with labels that say "Miss Stiletto & Mr. Stiletto - the perfect mix," and heart-shaped measuring spoons tied on top. Too cute!


Sister Stiletto, me, and Momma Stiletto all together at the shower! Momma Stiletto helped with a lot of the details for the day as well.


I had been VERY anxious leading up to the shower and having everyone watch me open presents. I won't lie, I was very relieved when the last present was opened and I could breathe again.

I did try to make sure I read every card...


...and show my excitement about things such as frying pans (wow that sucker was heavy!)...


...and do circus tricks with some presents (no, don't worry, I don't have three arms! A lovely bridesmaid helped me display these awesome green bowels from Crate & Barrel!)...


...and marvel at the size of this pancake flipper...


...and try and keep myself from asking "Are we done yet?" I could only handle prying open so many Crate & Barrel boxes before I was done in!


Fortunately, once presents were done it was time for CUPCAKES!! Sister S went to Molly's Cupcakes in the city that morning and picked up these lovelies. Half were strawberry shortcake and the other half were super-rich chocolate ganache with a raspberry filling. AND I got to keep the fun cupcake stand after the shower as an extra gift from Sister S, plus the leftover cupcakes went straight into my new cupcake caddy. Woo hoo!


When all was said and done, I had a lovely time at my shower! My bridesmaids never let my mimosa glass get empty, and I was only forced to play one game, whew. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

Of course, once the lovely festivities were over, the day had just begun for some of us - the bachelorette party was about ready to get into full swing! Stay tuned for "A Day of Good & Evil: Part 2 - The Bachelorette Party."

The highlight of my shower was being surrounded by friends and family (and, err, cupcakes!). What was the highlight of your shower?

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP