Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Invited for the Big RD

Have you created your "Mad Men" avatar yet? When Mr. S suggested that we create avatars and use them on the rehearsal dinner, I thought he had lost it...just a bit. But once I placed that cartoon martini in my hand, I was sold!

Once we had digitized ourselves, Mr. S laid out a postcard with the little rehearsal dinner poem that I see everyone around the net. It might be a wee bit cheesy but I didn't have the patience to try and be clever on my own.


We ordered our postcards from Zazzle because they let you order any quantity you want (we only needed 15), and they came last week - I was so excited to get these out the door!


Unfortunately, the back was laid out all wonky and could not be sent as they were. Sadness! So it was DIY to the rescue. I laid out a little message and printed it out on white cardstock that was a bit small than the postcards. I then cut out green cardstock the side of the postcards and glued one on top of the other (I needed the green to keep the originally wording on the card from showing through...and it adds a nice little pop!). Instead of sending these as postcards, we'll just drop them into white envelopes and be done with it.


I know we didn't truly need to create rehearsal dinner invites - or dinner will be small and our friends and family would have no problem with a simple email. But I felt the need to add just one more project onto the pile, and these were (relatively) simple and fun!

How are you spreading the word about your rehearsal dinner?

2 comments:

Lauren August 11, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

I love the avatars! Mind if I steal the idea? ha =) I've been looking for a way to put some fun into the stationery while still being traditional for the wedding invites...and the rehearsal dinner is a great place to do that!

Thanks for the rec for zazzle...I need 60 invites, and the website I was going to order from comes in increments of 50.

tina August 13, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

Love it! Great job!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP