Tuesday, February 10, 2009

5eizen on Etsy...after my own heart!

So I bought my dress this past October and it's been torture not to wear it! I've heavily debated whether or not to post pictures...but I know Mr. Stiletto (as I will refer to him from here on out, as much as he might hate it!) has been thoroughly instructed to not check out any of my wedding posts. And, since I've told only a small handful of people about my blog, my secret is pretty safe from those who will be at the wedding!


First let me say that I saw that the dress had tiered layers and absolutely refused to try it on. Once I finally did (after the saleswoman forced me) I absolutely fell in love. However, because it's rather plain - I didn't want any lace or beading - the salewoman put different (overpriced!) belts and sashes around my waist so that I could see some different options. Which is fine, but they just weren't my style, and with the buttons going down the back of my dress, I hated how the sashes wouldn't lay flat.

I decided that because the dress has such a soft, flowy feel, having my alterations person attach a flower at the waistline would be a great way to add detail. Since I only spent a mere $600 on the dress (from Wedding Belles in Barrington, IL), I'm not worried about making any changes to it (if, say, Vera was involved in the evolution of my dress, I might think twice!).

Last week I saw an Etsy Wedding post highlighting the wonderful work of Irene of 5eizen on Etsy. I saw this ring pillow with her "Elle" bloom and swooned. It's so soft and delicate.

Source: Etsy

I contacted Irene to see about a custom listing - a white bloom on it's own that I could have attached to my dress (she did offer to put it on a pin so that it could be removed from the dress, but I've opted to have it permenately attached).

Source: Etsy

Irene was so fabulous to work with. She gave me a lot of different options on the shade of white (since my dress is "diamond white") and was so responsive with different ideas. I'm anxiously awaiting my flower!

The selection of ring pillows, floral hair pieces and birdcage veils available through 5eizen are phenomenal, modern, and chic. And...the prices will make your jaw drop. She just added a line of floral belts as well that I seriously considered - how vintage yet modern is this belt?!


Source: Etsy

5 comments:

Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

The dress is gorgeous! You look so beautiful. I love the silk flowers too Thanks for the link.

Pretty Bride February 19, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

the dress is beautiful... and i am in LOVE with the ring pillow...

A Windy City Wedding February 21, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

So pretty! And I seriously am thinking we are the same person, I am going to use Morgan Blaul too! Did you have your trial with her yet? How did it go??

A Windy City Wedding February 21, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

So pretty! And I seriously am thinking we are the same person, I am going to use Morgan Blaul too! Did you have your trial with her yet? How did it go??

mrskeh March 10, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

love the pillow - thanks for the inspiration!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP