Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Engagement Photos - Laurie Peacock

I realized I haven't focused very much on photography here, which is funny since photography is such a big part of our life. Since S is a photographer, our life tends to be captured 24/7. So finding a photographer who was going to capture our style and do a phenomenol job, all within our budget, was a must.

Fortunately we found Laurie Peacock, and we truly lucked out. We booked her last summer when she just had a handful of weddings under her belt, and her work has truly gotten more and more amazing as the days have gone by. Honestly, I haven't figured out when Laurie finds the time to sleep, because she always seems to be uploading new work.

We did an engagement shoot with Laurie last September. S and I had our first date in the Chicago neighborhood of Wicker Park. We fell in love there, and were so sad to leave the neighborhood behind when we bought our condo on the north side this past summer. So it was great to strut around the neighborhood to our favorite haunts being followed by our own paparazzi.

These are some of my favorite shots from the day...

I definitely wanted some street art in shots, because Wicker Park is covered with it!


The house next door to our old apartment has this great green fence around it. The little old lady who lived there didn't speak a lot of English. Every time we saw her, she told us to "Take it easy."


You honestly never know what you'll find in Wicker Park.


On the front porch of our old apartment building. This is where Steve was living when we first met, and where I eventually moved in. It was bittersweet to leave.


I hate being photographed, which is ironic since I'm marrying a photographer. However, this is one of my favorite shots of myself. Laurie was standing above us on some porch stairs and it's such a great angle. If only they all looked like this!

4 comments:

Anonymous February 4, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

You guys look gorgeous in that last shot. I love WP - that's where our family lived when we first immigrated to the States and where our church is.

tina February 5, 2009 at 8:37 PM  

L-O-V-E 'em! I adore city photos.

I hated our e-Pix. I randomly looked at them again today and I got angry all over again! :)

wed in the white city February 6, 2009 at 9:37 AM  

Awwww so cute! I love the last one.

wed in the white city February 6, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

Awwww so cute! I love the last one.

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP