Monday, February 9, 2009

Picking a Damask

I've had plans early on to have a damask wedding. But can you believe all of the different damask patterns out there?! Insanity. Damask means so many different things, from very floral patterns to more graphic.

I've flip flopped all over the place on what pattern was really for me, and have finally landed on the fabric that I had chosen from the very, very beginning.



This "Amsterdam Black & White" from Warehouse Fabrics is $7.98/yd, so pretty comparable to other damask fabrics out there that I've seen. You can purchase samples from Warehouse Fabrics for $2.50, which I did forever ago. When I received my sample in the mail, I was pleasantly surprised - it's not a lightweight cotton fabric.

If I'd looked at the description more closely, I would have seen that it was categorized as a lightweight upholstery/drapery fabric. Perfect! Because I plan (have my mom!) turn this fabric into 18x18 table squares, I like that it will be a little more substantial and have a richer feel.

Ahh...I just love damask. Something about the pattern is so pleasing to me. I can't wait to see how it "pops" at the reception!

2 comments:

Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

i am a huge fan of black and white damask. colored damasks are pretty, too, but they don't quite have the drama that b&w does. i love the pattern you found. it sort of has a modern edge to it.

Tenille February 10, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

also a damask bride. i think the one you chose looks great!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP