Friday, May 29, 2009

We Together Make a Limb

Oh, the struggles of the first dance song. THE defining song, it seems. I was a little bummed after my last post about this that the lyrics of two of my favorites just didn't jive with the wedding day. It was difficult deciding if the lyrics mattered as much as how the song made Mr. S and I feel. In those instances, the lyrics seemed to have won out.

Don't worry, we have another contender! It's a song that Mr. S suggested a few months ago and I immediately said "It's a pretty song, but not for this." Needless to say, he was a bit upset at how quickly I shot it down. I feel bad that I didn't give it a chance, especially now that he played it for me again last week and I immediately wanted to use it. Hmm, what a difference a few months can make!

So, without further adieu, I give you "Red Right Ankle" by The Decemberists (remember?! I wanted to use a Decemberists song before, but the lyrics just weren' right).



I absolutely loooove his voice. I also love that this is just a straightforward love song with beautiful lyrics:

This is the story of your red right ankle
And how it came to meet your leg And how the muscle, bone, and sinews tangled
And how the skin was softly shed

And how it whispered “Oh, adhere to me

For we are bound by symmetry
And whatever differences our lives have been
We together make a limb.”
This is the story of your red right ankle.


Doesn't that just fit? "We together make a limb" - two different lives coming together?

Has it taken you awhile to get your first dance selection just right?

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP