Monday, June 1, 2009

A Case of the Greens

Hi, it's me again - stressing out and over thinking flowers. I thought I had it settled, had posted about my final floral decisions. I'm not meeting with my florist until mid-July, but I wanted to have my mind someone made up sooner rather than later.

I was doing really well until we finally decided on a tie for Mr. S to wear. We'd thought it would be fun to give him a bold green tie, and for the groomsmen to wear black and white ties. So we found this tie on ties.com:

Source: ties.com

Perfect! It's going to look great with his tux. To see everything together, I made this handy little collage of the tie, the bridesmaid shoes, bouquet inspiration, and groomsmen boutonnieres:

Source (clockwise): Picture 1, Picture 2, Picture 3, Picture 4

The green hypericum berries, that I thought were so perfect, stick out like a sore thumb! Ew. I know it's important to keep in mind that the berries won't be directly against the green of the shoes or tie. Mr. S will be having a white boutonniere with the green tie; the groomsmen will be having a black and white tie with the berry boutonniere. But still. I'm not sure I'm feeling it. Ahh! Stupid green. This green has made things terribly had in the floral scheme of things.

Scouting around, I found another boutonniere inspiration - green hydrangea (which is great, the bouquets will have white hydrangea!):

Source (clockwise): Picture 1, Picture 2, Picture 3, Picture 4

Does the green hydrangea look better? Because if it did, we could easily integrate some green hydrangea into the bridesmaids bouquets (although I've been debating on adding more color into my bouquet, I think I'm going to stick to my guns and keep it all white). Quite frankly, I didn't think hydrangreas would really work for boutonnieres, but apparently they do? I thought they'd be too delicate.

So, ladies, I need your input!

  1. Stick with the hypericum berries - don't over think this!
  2. The green hydrangea looks SO much better - make the switch!
  3. I've got a better idea - listen up!

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP