Friday, January 30, 2009

Anemone Anticipation

It's slightly ironic that anemone flowers can signify anticipation, a sweet sentiment when you think about holding a bouquet of them right before walking down the aisle. They can also mean "foresaken" and "a dying hope," but I choose to ignore those meanings.

I had never heard of an anemone flower until recently. My florist and I were throwing flower white flower ideas back and forth via email earlier this month, and she threw out this as an option, but with the understanding that they may not be in season for my wedding (September is a little early for them to be in season).

Swoon! I of course love them more than any other flower I've ever seen, and I love the contrast between the snowy white petals and the black speckled centers. Could any other flower be so perfectly made for a black and white wedding? I think not. Needless to say, I'm left in anticipation, wondering if I'll get the perfect flower for the perfect day.

Anemone flowers are just as beautiful in some of their other colors, including this great shade of blush. Learn more about anemones, and scroll down to continue swooning right along with me.

1 comments:

Karlaandmark January 30, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

I used them in my bouquet for my November wedding, I LOVE them too! :)

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP