Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bought it on Etsy

I couldn't get through the day without starting up regular post topics - Bought it on Etsy and Spotted on Etsy posts. Over the past few months, I have fallen head over heals with Etsy.com. It is the planning resource that I think every bride should utilize - with a network of such creative individuals and a wide variety of prices, Etsy falls within everyone's grasp.


My very first purchase on Etsy was last September. I found a pair of earrings that I just had to have, and it didn't matter that my wedding was a year away, or that I didn't even have my dress. I needed these earrings, and the details of my wedding would just have to work around them!

Emily at Precious Meshes does an amazing job on all of her work. You can see the craftsmanship that goes into each piece, and almost every piece she creates is perfectly suited for wedding jewelry, but at the same time doesn't scream wedding.

I wanted something unique and special, while keeping away from pearls (they're lovely, just not for my wedding day). These netted crystal earrings could not be more perfect - they have an amazing presence and yet they're still delicate. They sparkle. And they're made from "vintage faceted glass chandelier crystal." They could be your something old!


Source: Etsy
I was able to take them along when I bought my dress...and yes, the dress did work around my perfect pair of earrings...like they were meant to find each other!


I can't wait to work with Emily in the coming months as she works to create a necklace to pair perfectly with these earrings.

While I may be slightly out of control with my Etsy shopping sprees, one thing is for sure...my wedding will definitely be handmade. And in the meantime, I'll just continue to enjoy the Etsy purchases the mailman leaves for me each and every day.

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP