Friday, January 16, 2009

Gifts for the Groomsmen & Ushers

What to get for the men in the wedding? The bridesmaids are so easy because it's their jewelry, plus a couple of other assessories/sentimental items. But you can be sentimental with the guys. And with 5 groomsmen and 3 ushers, we definitely need to come up with some manly gifts.

I'm generally opposed to a lot of the more common gifts that are given - most guys just don't wear cufflinks (and get them at every other wedding they're in), if they're not in college there's a good chance they don't regularly fill up a flask, and what guy wants to be carrying around anything bearing my wedding date?

I was really surprised to find that Tiffany's has crystal barware that we can actually afford! Wouldn't paring one of these glasses (depending on the guy's drink of choice) plus a small bottle of their favorite liquor or beer be fun? Although something from Tiffany's would probably be much more appreciated by the ladies than the guys, I assume that in general, unveiling Tiffany's boxes should class up any rehearsal dinner, regardless of the recipients.


Source: Tiffany & Co.
Atlas Beer Mug: $45


Source: Tiffany & Co.
Plaid Double Old-Fashioned Glass: $40



Source: Tiffany & Co.
Plaid Highball Glass: $40

Or, what about this great money clip with their initial? This money clip can be customized with different fonts and is something that any guy could use.

Source: Etsy
Cuftlynx's Custom Initial Mother of Pearl Money Clip: $35

I know I can't always win and assume that the things S and I are choosing for the bridal party are things that they'll love/want to wear again, but that won't stop me from trying my hardest to find the perfect things, right down to every last detail. And if they don't like something, hopefully they'll just keep that to themselves and let me believe I'm an amazing gift giver!

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP