Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cake Roundup

My custom cake topper from Etsy's Goose Grease arrived yesterday...love it! So now I'm getting ready to do the cake. After a lot of deliberation (because there is not limit to the options Chicago has to offer), I'm going to set up a tasting in March (6 months out from my wedding) with Cathay of the Sugar Syndicate on the northside of the city. Her attention to detail is amazing and she offers a chocolate cake with white chocolate peppermint ganache, sign me up!

I've had my eye on this black and white damask cake for months and months. I thought that was completely what I wanted.

Source: theknot.com

But I don't want to dictate my cake down to the exact specifications - I'd rather have the Cathay help design my cake and put her artistic spin on it. After all, she is the professional. So I've put together some favorites, below, found via TheKnot.com.


Source: TheKnot.com
I love how graphic this design is. Wouldn't it be really fun in black and white?


Source: TheKnot.com
Kind of like a deconstructed damask pattern, and again, would be done in black and white.


Source: TheKnot.com
Very bold pattern! I can't decide if I love it or if it's hurting my eyes...


Source: TheKnot.com
These are actually lady bugs trailing up the cake, but from a distance they could easily be petals flowing down the side.

So many decisions! How do you even begin to narrow it down? I'm so excited to choose the cake, yay!!

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP