Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm not color crazy, right?

So, I've been continuing to stress out about the bridesmaid attire, specifically their shoes. After we chose the black and white dresses from White House Black Market, and since I'd been planning on bold touches of green, I immediately chose green pumps for the girls. And since I want a little bit of a vintage feel, I thought the combination of peep toe and patent leather would be perfect.

Source: Newport News

I hadn't heard much on it until they actually bought the shoes this month (I think many thought it was a whim). I haven't heard rave reviews on the choice. Instead, I've heard "interesting," "a lot going on" and "are you sure??" Alright I can take a hint. And if I changed my mind, the shoes were only $30.

However, I've found that I'm not alone!

Source: Laura Kay Photo
Fabulous display of jewel-toned pumps.


Source: KB Image Photography
Darken the shoe and put the ladies in black and white dresses, and you have my wedding (love this shot!).

After finding out that I'm not alone out there with bold footwear choices, my breathing has started to calm down a bit. I know that I need to stick to my gut instincts, but of course I don't want to be that tacky bride out there sticking her bridesmaids in the equivalent of a dress with a big bow on the butt and puffy sleeves.

To continue setting my mind at ease, I've decided to do a little photo shoot with my hubby-to-be. I have a pair of the shoes the girls will be wearing, and a black and white dress (different from theirs, but same effect), I'm going to have S take some pictures of me and then PhotoShop them together so there's five in a row. A tad obsessive? You bet! Nothing short of thorough for this bride. I'll share the results after the shoot for all of you pondering primary colors.

3 comments:

wed in the white city January 26, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

I don't think it's 'a lot going on' -- any primary color coupled with black and white is cute! i'm sure people will see when it all comes together.
what sort of jewelry are you thinking on the bridesmaids?

Laura January 26, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

The earrings are great clear glass tear drops..simple and cute. The necklaces are on wire chokers and are green glass beads I bought in Venice this summer. Very simple.

Thanks for the encouragement, I hate second guessing myself :)

jessica lynn January 27, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

thanks for linking that last photo to my blog! i am glad that you like it! p.s. LOVE the green and the shoes will look AWESOME!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP