Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fit or Flabby?


Will you be fit or flabby on your wedding day? I'm going for fit. I go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week, but I'm a cardio-a-holic and don't make a lot of time for toning. Since we're stuck in the midst of an snowy/frigid/icing/you name it winter here in Chicago that won't let us have longer than a 1-day reprieve, I can't always make it to the gym and my good friend, Mr. Elliptical.

For Christmas, S bought me Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. Will you lose 20 pounds in 30 days? Probably not (if you do, I want to know!!). But this is by far one of the best workouts you can do in the comfort of your living room. Each of the three workouts (marketed as 20 minutes each, but closer to 27 when all is said and done) are divided into three segments. Each segment focuses on strength, cardio and abs.

Cardio in my living room, you say? Even though it's a lot of jump jacks, butt kicks and oblique twists and plank jacks, your heart will be racing. I live in a tiny city condo, and still manage to move around the space that I have and keep up.

Jillian is tough - if you've seen the Biggest Loser, you know this. At one point in the workout, she tells you that she wants you to feel like you're going to die. Umm, thanks Jillian. But for whatever reason, her toughness in the workout makes me not want to let her down. Yes, a person on my tv screen has made me committed to my workout, even when it hurts!

One of the best elements of this workout is all of the focus on toning arms and shoulders - perfect for those of us getting ready to don our strapless dresses. All you need is a set of hand weights (I use 3 lbs) and you're ready to get shredded!

1 comments:

January 22, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

i have this dvd...i have yet to get through an entire workout!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP