Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wordle This

I think Wordle is such a great way to turn a poem or other details about your wedding into something special that you can work into a lot of different elements of your wedding, from invitations to ceremony programs to just a framed print on the gift table. I've seen a lot of brides integrating this into their day.

The poem "XVII (I Do Not Love You)" by Pablo Neruda is one of my favorites. I think it's so romantic and yet describes my relationship with Steve - he is my best friend and my other half. So I put the poem into Wordle, along with our names and wedding date. But what to do with it? I'm thinking of tying it into the ceremony programs, although our ideas for the programs change from day to day. Hmm. I just know that I love this poem too much to not use it somewhere!


XVII (I Do Not Love You...)
by Pablo Neruda

I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way

than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

1 comments:

Misse January 26, 2009 at 4:14 PM  

We had the poem read during our ceremony. It is a beautiful poem.

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP